Music Banter - View Single Post - Comus' 1001 Albums you should listen to before you die
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #183 (permalink)
Comus
I'm sorry, is this Can?

Album 938

Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
Year: 2005

Few people have the balls to name say that a specific album is their defining piece. Especially if they then go forth and continue to make more music. It takes guts, but you've also got to kind of respect how right Mr. Grohl was. Sure, it tries a bit to hard, and it's not perfect, actually it's far from perfect. But it showcases exactly what the Foo Fighters are all about. Not too complex, and full of emotion. It's a two disc effort, with the first being electric and the second acoustic. The divide doesn't exactly feel that natural, but the quality of the second disc really does shine out more on it's own than it would in the midst of distorted guitars. At times this album feels like it's coming from a defeated man who is definitely living in the past. Perhaps I'm reading far too deep into an album that could be shelved with thousands of other generic rock pieces. But perhaps I'm right, I think it's special, and I definitely think it deserves it's place on the list.

3 Choice Tracks: DOA, Friend of a Friend, Razor
Originally Posted by antonio
classical music isn't exactly religious, you know?
um
last.fm
Comus is offline   Reply With Quote