Music Banter - View Single Post - Why message boards go down hill.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #29 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

I really think this thread should be called 'The Future of MusicBanter, Discuss...'

I believe the regular message boards are the fabric of this community, but I think the way forward has to be an extension of the MB Reader as I outlined in earlier posts.
Failing that, I believe MB is doomed to the internet equivalent of Groundhog Day.
A vicious circle of recurring regularity which completes it's cycle for individual members at slightly different times.
For the veterans, MB lost it's shine a long time ago. For the newbs it's a whole new playing field of possibilities, until eventually they in turn become veterans and want to see a little more from the old place they visit before they in turn begin to lose interest.
The trick is maintaining the interest and using the veterans and any potentially talented newb of a writer with a passion for music as a tool for taking these boards to another level.

Big3 points out that the content of the posts on these boards lies in our own hands. Which of course is entirely true, but if the status quo remains indefinitely, then it's only a matter of time before another newbie doesn't stick around and another long standing member disappears.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote