Music Banter - View Single Post - Current Bands we will be talking about in 25yrs
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Against the Machine View Post
Hammock are one of my favorite groups ever, and I don't mean any exaggeration by that, but I seriously doubt they will be the first thing that comes to very many people's minds when you say "2000s".

The things that will likely be most remembered, unfortunately, are the pop artists who actually stay around for more than one hit and are active in the tattered remains of the music industry. ex. Kanye West, Justin Timberlake, etc.

I think a lot of the lesser known or "indie famous" (like Animal Collective, that are hugely well known and hyped but unknown to the average music listener) bands that a lot of people on last.fm and forums and stuff listen to will be pushed a bit to the way side; waiting to be rediscovered by the Musicbanters of the future.
Yeah I was more talking about the future MBers than the average person. For the everyday person I'd assume some random pop artists.. but who knows! I definitely don't

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote