Music Banter - View Single Post - Current Bands we will be talking about in 25yrs
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

I listed ther reasons first, because if the band isn't remember 25 years from now I'm sure there will be some other band that will be remember for the same reason I mentioned above.
  • Fastest Selling Debut Album
    The Artic Monkeys, they had the fastest selling debut album in the UK, and there are plenty of bands in the US and UK that sound like them now, whether this a good thing, that bands imitate them, only time will tell, I guess we have to wait 25 years to know for sure.
  • Mutlilingualism
    The Brazilian Girls, they have a cool sound of melting pop and the singer, Sabina Sciubba, can sing in six different languages, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
  • Intercontinetal, multi-genre bands
    Extra Golden, it a band that blends Kenyan Benga music and Rock, with members from America and Kenya.
  • Franchising
    Art Brut AB2035 will keep the torch burning for indie fans of Art Brut. The lyrics to Emily Kane will be changed to "35 years... 9 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 6 hours, 13 minutes."
  • Mama Mia, another Swedish Musical/Movie
    The Hives following in the footsteps of their fellow countrymen/women, and will turn their songs into a musical and later turn the musical into a major motion picture. If The Hives don't do it, I'm sure there are plenty of Swedish Death Metal bands that will.
  • Geriatric Rock
    Chicken Foot These Veteran Rockers will be rocking out well into their 90's.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote