Music Banter - View Single Post - Classical music lyrics
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
John Dowland's stuff is incredible.. but he's not really classical It's almost like Elizabethan sonnets put to music. I hope it's not too far off of what you would be interested in but I thought I would share.

The lyrics, I feel, are about a man who finally finds a woman that he sees as constant; doesn't change her mind, says one thing and does it, etc. (I don't feel this about women but I guess that's the stereotype). BUT she isn't interested in him and is obviously upset but knows that "love is free" and he can't change her.
A belated thank you, CanwllCorfe, for your post, which I didn't realize you had made until today! I have never listened to John Dowland before...though now I know more about him from wikipedia: John Dowland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The song you shared actually sounds quite humorous to me, with all the reptitions of "no no no no" etc. Thanks for bringing Dowland to my attention!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote