Music Banter - View Single Post - Current Bands we will be talking about in 25yrs
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #68 (permalink)
Mancini Scratch
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Jeff Buckley was headed straight for stardom while he was alive...he sadly died after only making a small amount of music. I think if he had lived, he would have been as recognized (if not more) than he is now. It's just that now that he is dead and all we have is Grace, a few live shows, and sporadic bits of music here and there...people see the genius in just that and give him the credit I have no doubt he would have received regardless.
Possibly duga. We'll never know though.

Grace is a good record and so is Mystery White boy. Got them both. TBH that's all I've heard so cannot comment on anything more he may have done. But what he had was an amazing potential but so has everybody in something be it music or another artform.

That's my point in a way. If he lived and simply decided to stop performing nobody would have give a **** apart from possibly complimenting his couple of albums to date and sporadic bits you mention.

I do realise he was very talented. A wonderful Voice and for me the two versions of Eternal Life on both albums mentioned are amongst my favourite Guitar Tunes of alltime.
As it happens about 5 years ago Urban Hatemonger helped me identify Buckley's Eternal Life.
Mancini Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote