Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #1972 (permalink)
DiSTANToblivion
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoriaMorning View Post
I am a big fan of the early 90s alternative rock/grunge and then the bands that spawned from them.

Soundgarden
Temple of the Dog
Chris Cornell
Alice in Chains
Mad Season
Screaming Trees
Stone Temple Pilots
Tool
Rage Against the Machine
A Perfect Circle
Foo Fighters
Jerry Cantrell
Mark Lanegan

I am pretty set in my ways, and really don't even know where to begin when looking to expand my musical tastes.

Some newer bands that I can tolerate once in a while are Wolfmother, The White Stripes and Muse, though none as much as the ones I previously mentioned.

If anyone could give me a couple of suggestions for some newer bands, I would appreciate it.
These are two bands that are similar in sound...
btw Youtubes' quality stinks...

Dead Soul Tribe
* because you said you like Tool and Alice In Chains. A good Progressive Metal band that uses many tribal rhythmic sounds. I think they've split now, but the albums they've released are all solid.

The Butterfly Effect
* Aussies have some good Prog. bands. This is one of the first Aussie bands to adopt and develop that sound...

---

Sleep Parade
* Okay one more... this one is epic (brand new Aussie band that I'm only just getting into). I love the middle section of this song, the chanting.

DiSTANToblivion is offline   Reply With Quote