Music Banter - View Single Post - 25 Random Facts About You
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #540 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
Red: I marched in my high school band, my college band, and of course The Cadets D&BC. I've had flags hit my hand while I was playing. I had a flag smack me in the jaw, broke my jaw. I've tripped in potholes, and broken both ankles a couple of times each. I've broken both legs, at least twice. Both arms at least 4 times.

Blue: Um, sure? I don't see why not...
thanks, the extra H gave me a good laugh last night - i needed it haha

as for the accident i'm glad to hear it turned out to be over the course of years or decades as opposed to a major catastrophe but still that's harsher injuries than most hardcore TROO METUL types. both legs at least twice and the arms 4 times??? harsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Gay marriage is actually legal in the whole of Canada since 2005... Fourth country in the world to legalize it (and currently one of only 9). Yay Canada...
i'm not against g.ay marriage but the way this got through Parliament is one of the more embarrassing elements of Canadian politics from the last few years. they were pulling MPs who were getting cancer treatments from hospitals to come in to vote on the motion, extending Parliament into their summer break, forcing MPs to be in Parliament from 9am until 11pm, basically whatever was necessary to win regardless of other opinions and views. most people weren't against granting the same legal rights, the biggest issue was the use of the term marriage.

it ended up passing very late on a Friday night about 5 minutes before adjourning for the day when the then governing Liberals noticed that an opposition MP had taken off early.

yes it went through Parliament. technically. i wouldn't call it a victory though. it was all Paul Martin wanting to thumb his nose to his detractors and playing King of Canada for as long as he could, any contentious issue would have sufficed, it just happened to be g.ay marriage. his attitude and ego got him promptly ousted from office (to the point of almost destroying the Liberal party) the following spring. the sponsorship scandal didn't really help them either though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote