Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #155 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Eh. Post Punk for me is either fantastic or overrated, unbearable racket.
That is so true about every type of music in every era - the good, the bad and the over-rated. What should happen hypothetically is the unbearable racket gets filtered out & forgotten and the cream of the crop gets saved & remembered. But sometimes that isn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's all going according to plan. Muhahahahahaha!
I hate to break it to you but the whole world thinks that way, that music was better back in the day, just read these testimonies and at the end if you are not convinced, then nothing will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberchicken View Post
Try before you buy exactly, it's not our fault that most music these days isn't worth buying..right. Well thats the excuse I use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanthonyp
Without sounding Narcissistic about ones own era, these were great days- you couldn't? predict music- It was planned from garages around the nation by a creative youth- not by controlling corporate pigs YouTube - x ray spex - world turned dayglo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMob09
The 90's revolution theme song ! The early 90's was a bit like the 60's glad to have been a teen gowing up through that time, feel sorry for the poor kids now who are growing up with all that? rap crap and knife stupidness ! YouTube - Soup Dragons - "I'm Free"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXTHECATYEAH
proper music when MUSIC was MUSIC? not skinny people u never heard of dancing around in a thong. GO MUSIC FROM 90s 80s 70s 60s¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
YouTube - THE HOUSEMARTINS-Happy Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetkai
Why can't all the music be like this? Just pure. Now most of the time music is so fake, all computerwork.? I'm only 16 years old, but I love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsmart
@ikheetkai Reading comments like yours makes me have some faith in humanity again. I'm 20 and usually feel utterly alienated from other people around my age because? I'd rather listen to Echo and the Bunneymen or X-ray Spex or the Buzz****s over Lady Gaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblydangly
i'm only 16 and? love this music. Why can't today's singers sing like this. Amazing esp 2.41
YouTube - The Buzz****s Ever fallen in love
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
anyway...their seems to be a lull in music these days maybe a new form of punk is needed again to stir things up!

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote