Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 PM   #318 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Is this cause by a direct effect of cannabis itself damaging the brain or a cascading effect of the drug on the brain, that could also be cause by other things? I heard in some cases of schizophrenia,the first time it occured was after that person's first sexual encounter. So are some people just predisposes to have those mental issue because of their genes and it is just the cannabis or sexual experience that triggers it in that part of the brain. (this is not a rebuttal to what you wrote, I'm just curious in a objective way to what really causes those problem.) Like with depression imo cannabis doesn't create but exacerbates the condition of depression.

My personal veiw is the brain is not only a organ of cells but also an electrical/chemical/hormonal computer (a want for a better word) and I wouldn't want to introduce any kind of drug in my body (e.g. cannabis) to upset the natural balance. I don't care if it sounds corny or whatever, I know enough instances where drugs disrupt people lives.
Who's brain are we talking about here?
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote