Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official "Music Was So Much Better in the Glorious Days of Yore" Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 12:52 AM   #166 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's weird that people would debate it then since, according to you, everyone already agrees with each other.
It's like eating popcorn at a movie, music now is like when we get the end of the pop corn bucket that has nothing left but the tiny bits, half popped pop corn and colonels of popcorn. And we think back to when we had the fluffy pop corn - that was the good stuff, but instead of few minutes, musically it's a few years maybe a few decades.

I believe music back then was just as good then as it is now. I'm not like some who totally dismisses the past, or totally don't like anything about Rock in it's entirety - both are something I don't understand. So I think that should be a plus. But to say was music so much better then now, I would that is true for everything except Indie and Alternative Rock. Alternative Rock now is just as good, (sometimes better, sometime worse) then RnR in the 50's to post-Grunge in the 90's and all the countless sub-genres in between.

Where I reminisce of the past is with Country and R&B. R&B drastically changed, it's much different today then say in the beginning like when the Ink Spots first started. Modern Country is vastly different then say when it was called "Country and Western" and play at the Grand Ol' Opry. When it comes to other genres like R&B and Country what I like is in the past the majority of it was in the 60's and 70's. Then afterwards the artist I like are few and far between.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 02-27-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote