Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 05:26 AM   #1488 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Already completed ME2 some days ago It was a good game. Nowhere as good as Dragon Age Origins, but I really like some of the characters from Mass Effect. Indeed they did remove the clunk from the first game which was largely refreshing. In the first, the amount of talks you needed to have with all the NPCs to raise your standing with them was quite tedious. Equipping all your NPCs and yourself was also rather tedious. In ME2, there's less talk and you don't spend time equipping your characters.

The game still suffers from having a lot of boring dialogue I think and a lot of the side-quests are ridiculously generic. If you're someplace civilized, their idea of side-missions is you basically run between NPCs that you talk to. If it's on discovered planets, you go in and shoot stuff for a few minutes until you're done.

SLIGHT SPOILAGE

Another slight thing that bothers me is that even though Mass Effect has you travelling between solar systems and visiting distant planets, there's not much of an open world feel to the game. I would love it if it did. And the ending missions are way too short .. You can spend two days of playing to improve your team and prepare for the final missions only to spend half an hour completing the game sort of. Silly.