Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #5411 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

I have to say I was a little disappointed after watching this last night. I was neither scared nor entertained. There were a few parts of the movie which got my heart beating, but other than that it was a waste of 87 minutes. The end scene was probably the best part of the movie, but some of the scenes reminded me of other movies, specifically when Micah lifts the camera to pan around the attic, right out of [REC].

*Spoilers*

The movie certainly did have some deeper meanings to it, namely that Micah (the boyfriend) was the antagonist of the movie and NOT the supposed demon haunting Katie. The psychic who visits them early in the movie states that whatever entity it is, it's feeding off negative energy and as the movie progresses you see how controlling and abusive Micah and Katie's relationship is. Micah's continued attempts at establishing himself as the dominant one only exacerbate the entity's behavior. Not only that, I have a sneaking suspicion the reason he waits so long to "allow" Katie to call the demonologist that the psychic recommends is because they would be able to recognize Micah as the cause of the haunting.

Bad movie but had some interesting afterthoughts.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote