Music Banter - View Single Post - International music (in general)
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petula07 View Post

Modena City Ramblers - Morte di un poeta

Argine - Le luci di Hessdalen

Modena City Ramblers started off sounding exactly like an Iowa barn dance song! (Yes, there are still barn dances in Iowa.)

The song by Argine. Mmm...well, you know how I feel about Italian men! (I'm joking...I really just like that one sculpure!) The singer has a lovely, warm voice. Very pleasant to listen to. It's a beautiful, simple, restful song. I like the integration of strings in the piece. I didn't care so much for the opera singing or the drums at 2:40, but up until that point the song really drew me in. Thanks for sharing it, Petula!

Quote:
If somebody likes progressive metal...
I just found band Orphaned Land. It's mostly english but they have also some songs in hebrew. Influenced by oriental music.

This Orphaned Land Norra El Norra sounded very folksy, then metal, and I liked the mixture of traditional sounds. I felt the chords in the background during the metal portions tracked too cosely to the melody, making the song sound too simple or straightforward to me. I did like the lilting, jazzy piano at 3:00, though.

Quote:
Today I am in mood of Greece, I listen now new album (Welcome to Greece) of greek singer Maraveyas. And album of band Alximistes.
Maraveyas is ska, Alximistes is folk-rock.

Here some videos of Maraveyas...

This video was funny and disturbing! Well-acted. I wish I could understand the lyrics, though the video makes the point of the song very clear! It made me laugh...and feel thankful I don't have a paper bag over my head.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote