Music Banter - View Single Post - Gender Segregation In Schools
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
As just such a "girl," I would have hated a class where I was given tame science experiments and told to think about how "soap and oil and water interact" when "my mother washes dishes," as is described in the article. The assumption that only mothers wash dishes is preposterous; the assumption that little girls stand spellbound watching parents wash dishes is even more preposterous.

My best friend growing up was...gasp!...a BOY!!!....and we made mud bombs and played cops and robbers together and loved smashing pennies and drawing pictures. He'd draw military planes; I'd draw horses...but we still had fun drawing together and learning from each other. Luckily, we also went to the same classroom. A wild 70s alternative public school program with all ages of students. Those were the days!!! It saddens me greatly that some adults have failed to see the commonalities among children, regardless of genetic sex, and so are trying to force a divide between boys and girls in segregated public schools rather than encourage them to learn how to interact with each other respectfully regardless of genetic sex.
Definitely.
I grew up playing football in the street or hide and seek in some abandoned building with my two older brothers, and I was never able to understand how girls can be so boring with their little dolls.
I still to this moment, don't enjoy anything thought of as "girly", though I can't say I'd enjoy the stereotypical car obsession males have.

Other than the physical appearance, I can't say there's much difference.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote