Music Banter - View Single Post - February Bi-Monthly Themed Comp - Guilty Pleasures!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 12:09 AM   #45 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
I haven't quite finished listening to this...but I'm going to go ahead and make a guess on NND's picks: Chris de Burgh and Paul McCartney (don't hit me NND!)
So let's explain why I chose that song:

I think it's because de Burgh visits Lebanon every year, and always records with local artists, I always felt he was one of the locals. I think that's what made me like Chris de Burgh, even though I always felt he's corny.
As for Lady in Red specifically, I think it's because I used to listen to it a lot when I was going through a kind of depression (after a dumping). So that's why this song will always be one the tunes that can get me in tears (I'm exaggerating here, but you get the point).

Though I have to add, some of Chris de Burgh's songs, are great, and I'll never consider them as "guilty pleasures". Specially Spanish Train, one of my favourite story-telling songs.

Edit: I have a second unguessed track in the comp btw.
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote