Music Banter - View Single Post - Ask A Foreigner
Thread: Ask A Foreigner
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #137 (permalink)
kouki
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
You won't be harassed or lynched in Norway .. well, at least not because of skin colour. We're not all white either, about 1/4th of the population in Oslo are immigrants. A large portion of those are darker skinned. Furthermore, we don't really have a history with racial tensions in this country.

I thought the question sounded a bit ignorant. I mean, will I get treated like crap or lynched if I ever travel to Mexico for being white?
Thanks for the replys,guys.Sorry I sounded so ignorant,but ive just had bad experiences.I didnt mean to sound like I was generalizing. No,Mexico is pretty diverse.Each part of mexico is really different.The northern mexicans seem to be cowboyish and a lot are light complected,I think due to France attacking that part and them getting all mixed up. The southerners are also light,most mixed with spanish,then you have the darker shades who are found in Puebla,veracruz etc.Each part of mexico also has their own style of food,clothing,but in the end we all like beans.LMAO