Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #3959 (permalink)
Nine Black Poppies
Music Addict

1) Top 5 alcoholic drinkies?
Fudge, I dunno. Off the top of my head: Macallan's 12, Johnny Walker Black, New Belgium 1554, Sailor Jerry, maybe a nice white russian once in a while.

2) What was the last work of art (for want of a better phrase) to really have an impact on you for better or worse and why? Could be an album, song, painting, film, book or whatever.
Joanna Newsom's Have One on Me album. For a variety of reasons I won't get into, it just takes me back to this very specific time and place in my life--one that's been kind of hard to remember--and... I dunno, gives me words for a lot of what I felt at that time more precisely than anything else has. I'm not sure why that is, what it is about it that does that, but hearing it felt like kind of a revelation and that doesn't happen to me that often anymore.

3) How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Over what span of time? I'm gonna say... 2 board feet a distance of 1.5 meters, since woodchucks are pretty small.

4) Withnail & I or the Big Lebowski?
From a cinematic, critical perspective, Withnail is the better film. In terms of personal significance, Lebowski is a go-to movie.

5) What's one of your favourite movie scenes and why? Give us a youtube clip of it as well if you can.
This is just one of the most beautiful sequences I can think of in a movie, with great music to boot.

6) Aaaaaand finally, a prediction for this summer's World Cup winner please. Or do you not really care?
Don't really care. Not a sports person.