Music Banter - View Single Post - Stories about your kids
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
bandteacher1
Le professeur de musique

Default Stories about your kids

Parents-

I love reading stories about other peoples' kids. They always give me a good laugh, or make me thankful I have boys, not girls, ha. So let's hear 'em! Any story you have 'bout your kids, I want to hear 'em!

Here's a couple of my own:

A good, old friend of mine played double bass for 30 some odd years. Well, here recently, he retired. And he knew that next year, I'll have two double bass players, and only one double bass. So he donated his d. bass to me, for my music department at my high school. I propped it up in a corner, almost as soon as you walk in the door. My youngest, Bobby walked around the corner, took off his coat, like he normally does, y'know. Then he saw the bass propped up in the corner and he screams like he's seen a ghost.

My older two sons are Jeremy (Jer for short) and Justin. They both participate in the Oakmont Regional High School Marching Band. Their high school and mine are big football rivals. So we always have a football game on Thanksgiving day. It's a healthy rival, especially for the bands. We hosted this past year, and the visiting band always plays their half time first. Jer was carrying a prop onto the field for their half time, he put it down, and he was running to get to his starting position. He slipped in the mud, and kinda glided on his feet for a few feet. His arse hit the ground and he was back up in a flash.
Home of the Firebird Marching Band
cvrhsmusic@yahoo.com

Quote:
Music is expression
bandteacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote