Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #1511 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarko View Post
Always been a fighter myself, since the grand olde days of Freelancer.
grand olde days of Freelancer? WTF way to make me feel geriatric. i remember when that one was announced (and how awesome it was supposed to be - same as the original Halo).

it wasn't a bad game but not perfect either, that forced (and fixed) race was effing annoying and what caused me to stop when i tried playing through it a 2nd time.

what i really don't get is how awesome Wing Commander Privateer was and how much of the core elements of that game were replicated in Freelancer (same core designers) but all the extra details that made the old game feel like it was so full of life were stripped from Freelancer. what if i didn't want to help the scientists? what if i wanted to be a gun running pirate (notice a theme here? hehehe) or an even clearer example, i take a mission to retrieve contraband, now it's in my cargo hold, but i can't do anything with it besides return to the station and finish the mission no option to sell it back to the original buyers so i can get cooler guns.

it's not like i'm talking theory here, they MADE a game with all those cool possibilities years before they made Freelancer, so why get rid of it? oh wait, published by microsoft games. nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storymilo View Post
You play it for killing lots of things and picking up lots of things.

That's right. Actually, I've never played Diablo 1 or 2
1 - i play TQ to have a god killing beast of a character. what's your class combo of choice? i really like the hunter / dream master combo but i'm stuck on act 3 with that build. stopped playing for a while because i'd get to a point where a bunch of dragon looking monsters would stun me at range then rush in and obliterate me. i'd be lucky if i could kill 1 out of the mob. very annoying.

2 - what Anticipation said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote