Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #10512 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise View Post
goddamnit, why do people persist in just posting covers and album names? what good does that do anyone?
Actually it does do some good.
But it only works if you have any interest in the tastes of your fellow MB members. For instance, I know that if sidewinder posts only an album cover then I may want to check out the album based on the fact that, based on past MB experience, I already know that there is a good chance I will like it.
However, in the case of you, noise, I have clicked on so many video links that you have posted along with a stellar write-up that I now know that I will be extremely bored in about 30 seconds if I do that again (you make it sound so good but I just don't like the neo-classical female vocals thing) so I won't - let alone seek out an album.
So there's two examples (posts by you and sidewinder) in which only an album cover, title, and band name would be sufficient for me to decide whether to pay attention to any text or links.

oh, and to contribute: I recently got Plastic Beach by Gorillaz. It's a new album by a well-known artist and I don't really like it at all.