Music Banter - View Single Post - Conan's Collection
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

NEW Records added

Jazz

In answer to a question I recieved: each week isn't going to include a new genre. Genres are simply being added as I go, and I will continue to post albums from all styles.

Gene Shaw - Carnival Sketches (Unknown Point of Origin)

Interesting jazz/Latin sonance. I don't know much about this record as to origins, but I do know that it is a fine album recorded in pretty good quality. From the sound of it, I'd like to say it originated in Latin America somewhere, but can't be sure. Recommended.

Henri Texier - Amir

One of my favorite albums ever. This is a 1976 release by French bassist Henri Texier. It's as subtle as it is epic, as beautiful as it is dissonant. In other words, it goes to a lot of places, places you wouldn't think worked together - but do. Texier really knows how to blend and bend genres, transending them effortlessly. You feel as though a story is unfolding, but there is no clear or formal narrative - it's a purely imaginative experience. This mixture of jazz, world, folk and classical music is highly, highly recommended.

The next albums to be added are Indian Classical that i've covered in my MB Journal. I won't make a post here about them but they will be added to the list.

Last edited by someonecompletelyrandom; 03-10-2010 at 12:36 PM.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote