Music Banter - View Single Post - cesaria evora
Thread: cesaria evora
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track
Took your advice typed in Cesaria Evora and found a site; www.caboverde.com previewing her albums, about 10 seconds listening for each track, sounds great.
Is she singing in Portuguese (excuse my ignorance),also, what is Cape verde music and does it have South American influences?
Discovered David Byrne of Talking Heads is a big fan and in my eyes thats some recommendation!
huraaa....but do you have a problem with downloading? ( as in it's illegal ) because i find that those previews ( 10 or 30 sec ) don't really give you the full idea...
she does sing in portugese, cabo verde is a small island state just of the coast of west africa, an ex-portugese colony...that's why their ( and angolan music, also an ex-portugese colony ) is so strange, melancholic, under the influence of portugese music ( fado ) and some elements of Brazilian music also....take my advice and at least download the first couple of songs....when you close your eyes you can imagine the dead summer afternoon on a remote island, you're in a run down little house, the fan is blowing but it ain't doing much good, you're playin the radio and it's so hot... nothing to do....the wind is blowing slowly and the palm trees are whistling..........oh sorry, i got a bit carried away....

Last.fm