Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #5453 (permalink)
noise
thirsty ears

so Alice in Wonderland. hrmmm.
as far as the 3D goes, i don't think i'll go down that road again. i felt myself straning to see the screen through the whole movie - it jsut felt off, and it left me exhausted. it was neat to see, even downright impresssive at times, but it really did not add anything to the film.

as for the movie itself - it was deliciously twisted. the whole way through there was this underlying tension between childlike innocence and downright sinister dementia. it made the whole tone of the film uncomfortable, but in a delightful way.

characters were all extremely awkward, especially those played by Anne Hathaway (white queen) and Crispin Glover (knave of hearts). the only character i thought was not well cast was Alan Rickman as the cheshire cat. just didn't fit.

visually the film was top notch. you can very much tell that certain sequences were made with 3D in mind which was a bit cumbersome, but Burton's wonderfully twisted sense of the world was present throughout.

story was bland. it was kind of a sequel to the original Wonderland text which i was not expecting at all. but it worked well enough.

conclusion - go see it, especially if you're a fan of anyone involved. lots of fun performances. but don't bother with the 3D...