Music Banter - View Single Post - Modest Mouse, Smashing Pumpkins, Sunny Day Real Estate, Franz Ferdinand...
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
somethingisrunningonempty
Groupie

Default Modest Mouse, Smashing Pumpkins, Sunny Day Real Estate, Franz Ferdinand...

Okay, so I know none of the bands I am about to list are emo, but I thought I might as well just post it here because you guys seem to be the most judgemental of anyone on this site. So anyways:

-Modest Mouse
-The Smashing Pumpkins
-The Pixies
-Sunny Day Real Estate
-Franz Ferdinand
-Hot Hot Heat
-The Shins

Okay, these are the things I want to know. How you found out about these bands, what you're favorite song/album is, positive/negative comments, anything about these specific bands. I don't want any other band names coming up unless they are somehow related to any of these bands. And also, there can be arguments, but please, let's not get personal about this and stray off topic. Thank you. As for my list:

Modest Mouse: I like Building Nothing Out Of Something is my favorite album, and my favorite song is All Nite Diner.
The Smashing Pumpkins: I'd have to say their Greatest Hits is their best CD just because it has a lot of the good ones on it. My favorite song is Set the Ray to Jerry.
The Pixies: My favorite Pixies album is definitely Surfer Rosa. My favorite song is Isla De Encanta.
Sunny Day Real Estate: I don't have a favorite album. My favorite song is The Ocean
Franz Ferdinand: Right now, they only have one full length album out. My favorite song is This Fire.
Hot Hot Heat: Make Up the Breakdown is so much better than the new one. My favorite song is This Town.
The Shins: Chutes Too Narrow is their best album. My favorite song is Kissing the Lipless.

Hope you like this topic, and I hope someone responds. Sorry for the long post, I get carried away.