Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #5472 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Boo, I agree Kim Myers look good in the second It was an okayish 80s horror thing with funny FX, so I agree it's not a complete waste of time. Also, in the third, I liked the appearance of Freddy's mother and the glimpze into his background (bastard son of a hundred maniacs) .. good stuff.

I saw the fourth today. Although the story is not as strong, I think I found it to be about as entertaining as the third. The sets are great and there's a lot of interesting surreal dream stuff. I was pleased to see Screaming Mad George had been working on special FX as I remember him from movies like Society and Re-Animator II, both films with over-the-top and awesome old school gore effects. Some of the special FX scenes from the fourth are brilliant .. Some examples are the water bed scene, the cinema, Debbie's ****roach death and, of course, the final scene where Freddy's captured souls, ehr, well - I won't spoil it.

Fred's back and he wants revenge on the remaining dream warriors from the last movie, but that's not all he wants. He wants to kill other people too. However, he could get inside the dream warriors dreams because they were the children of his murderers, but he can't just enter anyone's dreams. Kristin from the third movie had the power to draw other people into her dreams and this power is transferred to new girl Alice. Freddy creates nightmares for Alice and then uses her to get to other people.

Like the third may have been about homosexuality, this one also seems to have something to do with finding your identity - as symbolized by Alice removing pictures glued to her mirror each time she "adds" a little to her personality.