Music Banter - View Single Post - Why message boards go down hill.
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #70 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Sometimes a different opinion is what pushes things forward but even so I haven't seen a whole bunch of threads or posts constantly bemoaning the site.
Agreed.

Quote:
Because I genuinely do love music, it forms such a huge part of my life I guess I have been looking for acceptance and/or validation for my musical preferences and when that hasn't always been forthcoming I dwelt on that but now I am perfectly happy to go back into my own little bubble that I was in before I came to this site and realise that I am stupid and naive to crave that acceptance and should (and do) just go ahead and listen to what the hell I like.
I don't think you are stupid and naive, Jackhammer, to crave acceptance of your musical tastes. It is only natural to enjoy finding people who feel or respond the same way you do to music. I think there must be many people here who share a lot of your musical tastes.

Quote:
like a few others I can see the potential of the site being much more than just another internet forum with the wealth of knowledgeable and intelligent posters we have amassed on here this site could be THE place to go for most music fans whilst still holding onto it's identity and lack of professional critics which grounds the views in the everyday fan and not the educated journalist types who can lose touch with the grass roots of music.
What are ways to implement some of the ideas you and right-track and others have suggested for improving the site yet still retain its basic current structure, in case the administrator doesn't want major rearrangements?
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote