Music Banter - View Single Post - Have you ever been in a fight?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 01:10 AM   #66 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorlawrence View Post
And if so, did you kick ass or get your ass kicked? I've only been in one fight, in grade 6, and it wasn't really much of one. In fact, I hardly even count it. It was a pretty even fight, I guess - just two young dudes punching each other in the face a couple of times before it came to an end...nothing serious. We both took our lumps.
I've only been in two physical "fights," though they count even less than yours (which sounds like a real fight to me):

FIGHT ONE:
I was around 10 or so and my parents, for some stupid and insane reason, put the family TV in my older brother's room, and he and I ended up fighting over the channel. Our wrestling moved out into the hall, where I bumped into a board that was leaning against the wall (our old house was in a constant state of remodeling, so there were always boards everywhere), and it tipped over onto his head.

My board-bashed brother then went kind of bezerk: he shoved me, shoved me, shoved me into the bathroom and pushed me down into the bathtub, lifting up his fist ready to punch me. I remember lying there thinking in disbelief, "My brother is about to punch me in the face!!" Luckily for me and my face, he stopped himself.

"FIGHT" TWO:
The only other "fight" I've been in was actually...uh...when I was around 23 years old (old enough to know better) and...(sigh)...I punched a boyfriend in the stomach. I was angry with him for some reason and let myself lose it. I don't know who was more surprised, he or I. He was a pretty big guy and I didn't harm him a bit, but I still remember the reproachful, hurt look he gave me, and I immediately apologized (as I should have). Heh heh! I'm only human, I guess. In my defense, I wasn't vegan back then.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote