Music Banter - View Single Post - The 49 Worst Artists in Music History
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
  • Emerson, Lake & Palmer
  • Kansas
  • Yngwie Malmsteen
  • Oingo Boingo
  • The Alan Parsons Project
  • Primus
  • Skinny Puppy
  • Arrested Development
  • Japan
  • Live
  • The Doors
  • Blind Melon
  • Whitesnake
  • Rick Wakeman
  • Iron Butterfly

What a serious motherload of wrongness. Suck my f*cking d*ck Blender.

What a total joke of a magazine, this is even worse than that awful worst things to happen to music list where they added Sgt Peppers for (gasp) influencing progressive rock.

What makes Blender WAAAAAAAAAY more annoying than other magazines that try to play the hipster card is how Blender fails so miserably at it, they can hate on talented musicians like The Doors, Primus, ELP and Wakeman (who IS the greatest rock keyboardist of all time) all they f*cking want. Why should anyone take a music magazine that puts tween singers like Ashlee SImpson and Taylor Swift on their cover on a regular basis even remotely seriously?

And why the f*ck is Whitesnake on there? Of all the horrible hair metal bands, why pick one of the few that's actually pretty decent?

Yngwie Malmsteen has some good stuff, at least his work tends to have structure and melody, when it comes to shred guitarists there is MUCH MUCH worse, like Michael Angelo Batio and Rusty Cooley, truth is the writers were just lazy, didn't want to try very hard so they picked a genre they don't like and decided to represent it with the most popular musician in that genre and call it a day.

Bob Geldof's solo work is pretty lame but it's not THAT bad and Boom Town Rats are pretty groovy. I think he's only on the list for being a notorious egomaniac, but that's... well, the stupidest f*cking reason to put someone on a worst artists list ever.

All of those artists I highlighted have some great stuff, sure they may have some crap but they are nonetheless talented musicians who are worthy of some degree of respect even if you don't like their music. Blender is a joke, their lists are always poor attempts at trolling. The fact that they cited the best albums from Kansas, Blind Melon and Primus as their worst just comes to show that they didn't even invest any real research in these lists, they really don't know anything about music.

And the unbearably smug little summaries of each artist confirms this, is "pretentious" the only word they know how to use? And how ironic that they use that word so much in an article that is itself just a weak attempt to provoke readers that the writers consider inferior to them.

And Yes are inexcusably pompous? Yeah, that means a lot from people who can never get Bono's c*ck out of their mouths.

Thank holy god this magazine has finally folded. Though now Joe Levy wants to take over Maxim, as if that magazine wasn't obnoxious enough.

What a total sh*tstain on pop culture that guy is.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 03-08-2010 at 10:26 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote