Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you believe in ghosts?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #48 (permalink)
duga
MB quadrant's JM Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincerely Yours View Post
Last semester I took a class that focused on space and a person's awareness/place in their "space" and this kind of goes along with it.

My professor was talking about driving one day. Basically, she said that there are times when you're driving and you're mind is focusing on something else. So, physically, you're driving a car, but YOU, your conscious self, isn't anywhere near that car.
And, of course, we read Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (loveee) and discussed the entirely different reality that the two main characters shared in the same physical space.

I think the parallel world is kind of like that. It's not black or white. You can't just say that there are or aren't ghosts.
Yes! Exactly...driving is a perfect example. When first learning to drive, everyone is so uptight and nervous that we pay attention to absolutely everything we do. Once we are used to it, we space out and can sometimes end up forgetting an entire car trip. The most unsettling thing about it is how very important things like stopping at a stop sign or remembering to signal are easily forgettable. Next time you finish driving through a well known area, try to remember exactly how the trip went down. You won't be able to, your brain has effectively deemed driving a mundane task not worthy of the long and short term memory usage required to remember it.

Btw, I'm liking you more with each post...I hope you stick around.