Music Banter - View Single Post - Why message boards go down hill.
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 03:41 AM   #84 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

You know, in so many ways this forum is better than it ever has been. If any of you could have taken a look at this place five years ago, There would be no question as to why we've garnered the reputation for being elitist flame throwers. There was little to no diversity in musical taste, amongst members there was not much intelligence beyond a rudimentary knowledge of mainstream contemporary artists, and no one, NO ONE, was doing any sort of journaling or any sort of lengthy intelligent dissertations on anything musical to speak of (I think Urban started that a few years ago the last time he got fed up with everybody yammering about how this place sucks, and what ensued was nothing short of an MB renaissance). So, although it was a good time, MB consisted of a few tightly bound kindred spirits who tore after moronic n00bs with flames a blazing. To tell you the truth...I rather enjoyed it.

This place has really grown to become a very eclectic collection of musically informed personalities, musical interests are very diverse and only growing more so, The music journals are absolutely fantastic and the writing is for the most part superb, and amongst our members there's a huge wealth of information on any style or genre music that you can think of, because these days our members know there shit Trust me I used to consider myself one of the most intelligent people on this forum, and now well I'm just blown away by the depth of musical knowledge that so many of our members possess. It puts mine to shame.

If anyone feels that they have reason to bitch about the direction in which this place is heading, (trust me I have my moments too), then post more! Start a thread about ****ing music that you're interested in, and quit talking about how many tangerines your girlfriend can fit in her vagina in The Sexual Experience thread.

Post you ****ing morons!
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote