Music Banter - View Single Post - International music (in general)
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:23 AM   #45 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petula07 View Post
Ok, I understand what you mean. I always try to find some lyrics and sometimes I use Google tranlator. It's not so good or at least something.
It's not easy to translate czech lyrics of Radůza but if you want, tell me, I will do it for you.
If you have some time and don't mind too terribly, I would enjoy seeing a translation of one of Radůza's songs, whichever you like the most, Petula. Right now listening to her music is like looking at a lovely treasure chest to which I lack the key. I'd like to see inside but can't and so am left admiring the surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissorman View Post

I used to listen to this all the time
Mmm...lovely use of modern-sounding violin and cello composition to create a mood of nostalgia and tragedy. Did her husband in the song die? My, the woman has a very childlike voice! What language is she singing? I see the video was filmed in Russia, but I assume she is singing in Japanese?

I tried to find out more Akira Yamaoka, but so far have only learned that he is from Japan and composes very popular video game music. I assume this song is part of a video game soundtrack score for "Silent Hill," Scissorman?
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote