Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #10641 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

The Replacements—Let It Be: Good stuff. I have to admit it's kind of at odds with the musical moods I've been in lately but I can tell I'm going to enjoy it a lot when I'm in the right mood for it.

Health—Get Color: I've only listened to this one a couple times but it seems like a great album. Looking forward to giving it more of a listen.

Esperanza Spaulding—Esperanza: Saw one of her concerts on PBS the other night and was totally blown away by her bass playing and singing so I immediately downloaded this. Unfortunately, like a lot of jazz musicians, she really loses something in the studio setting and her music winds up too smooth jazz sounding for my tastes.

Chick Corea—Now He Sings, Now He Sobs: I saw this recommended by Satchmo in some thread and it caught my eye because I had been looking for a good place to start with Chick Corea. Great album! I'm looking forward to giving it some more in-depth listens.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote