Music Banter - View Single Post - All about drumming!
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #39 (permalink)
P A N
DO LIKE YOU.

the cams on pearl eliminators are A) plastic and B) fixed to the hangar with more plastic in the shape of a 'c' which just kinda pops on. this means that if you move the pedal around, subject it to impact, or, well, PLAY IT, the plastic will eventually fail you and piss you off.

iron cobras: i know some damn good players who swear by them.

axis: solid pedals, but from what i gather and can tell by examination (was not able to use one) the pearl demon drive is the pedal with the most sophisticated axis specs to date. axis systems are probably where i'll go next in that they deliver what is closest to perfect in terms of the transfer of energy.

i play a dual chain DW9000 double pedal. it has classic action, and if you know how to maintain your gear, will likely never fail you. it grabs the bass drum hoop well and comes equipped with velcro on the bottom plates to stick your kick to the floor real good too.

i also have (to join the more general topic) and real sweet tama signature series snare drum, sabian 6inch evelyn glennie garbage splash, sabian 17inch john blackwell jia chinese, zildjian projection ride (kind of a cheap cymbal which happened to work surprisingly well), 17 and 20 sabian vault crashes, a couple 6 inch sabian ice bells, an 8inch zildjian bell (of some sort, like an ice bell), a set of regular timbales, a 28" djembe, HHX Evolution 14inch hats...

and im living in apartment in a city where the music sucks, so i got rid of my shells and don't know what i plan on for the future. i'm thinking dw, being that i really love drums, and that's cream of the crop. if you don't believe me, you've probably never played one. those guys at dw aren't f*ckin around.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote