Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Most Important Albums To You
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #322 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

1. Sandinista! by The Clash
Sandinista! isn't just my favorite album, it is much, much more. When I did dxm, to come down to a familiar plane of existence, I would play Sandinista! because often, it's the only thing that can comfort me. If I'm anxious, or scared, or I can't sleep, I always play Sandinista!. It lulls me to sleep and tells me that I'm going to be okay in so many ways anything else can't. When it rains, I love to play "Charlie Don't Surf" and feel this ultimate sense of peace come over me.

2. Cut by the Slits
If there was an album, that told me "I know just how you feel right now" it was Cut. Bad breakups, shoplifting, emptiness, mood swings, obsessive love, alienation,it's got it all covered.

3.Wild Gift by X
Wild Gift isn't my favorite, but my first. I remember being thirteen years old and hearing White Girl for the first time and being baffled something that pretty could still be considered punk. I'm still madly in love with John Doe. I still aspire to be just like Exene Cervenka one day too.

4.Self Titled by the Smiths
I don't really need to explain why this is so important to me, as anyone who hears it will find it to be obvious. Absolutely flawless as an album. What Difference Does It Make? is one of the best written songs of all time. All the songs on the album are, tbf.

5. self titled by the Stone Roses
Often, I forget about the Stone Roses and am always so surprised at how amazing they are once I remember. Ian Brown is a ****ing genius in how simplistic and perfect his lyrics are, and this album got me through last winter, like a champ.

6. Room on Fire - The Strokes
Is This It is my favorite by them, but Room On Fire has seen me through lots of heartache. What Ever Happened was my first song by them (via the Marie Antoinette soundtrack ) and it seemed to be perfect for what I was going through at the time, and would lead me onto bigger and better things (Is This It, of course)

7. Coral Fang by the Distillers
I got this when it first came out in 2003. I don't think I ever loved an album front to back as much as I did this one. It's terrifying, the songwriting, and the whole sound of it is ****ing insane, but it's perfect. I wish they'd not have broken up, but hey, **** happens.

8. Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World
This album seems to pop out at me at the strangest times, but when I really need it. Like a musical Room of Requirement, lol. I've never even bothered with other JEW ****, because I'm afraid this album could be ruined for me.

9. Entertainment! by Gang Of Four
Oh my god, Gang of Four. I wish I could eat this album and have it play inside me forever. Probably one of my very first "post-punk" albums. So good.

10. The First Four Years by Black Flag

I don't care what anyone says, this is the best Black Flag ever.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote