Music Banter - View Single Post - Current Bands we will be talking about in 25yrs
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:39 AM   #124 (permalink)
Hesher
Palm Muted

In terms of metal I'd say people will still talk about Nile in 25 years. Mastodon too, for sure, although if you ask me everything since Leviathan sucked. They just have a lot of press behind them. Lamb of God in the same way, although they can still write badass tunes. I think most of the bands we'll know in 25 years started in the 90's... The 00's are still too raw. We haven't heard the real debuts of bands that formed that decade, plus, most bands that stand the test of time stick around for a few decades and release a ton of albums, like Immolation for example (mid eighties, just released another album). Dying Fetus is the new Cannibal Corpse I think, they're truly incredible for only being a three piece and more recently formed. Children of Bodom and Death will still be pretty well known in 25 yrs. It's funny because metal is almost always around a decade or two in lag in terms of what bands are considered the pinnacle... Slayer and Metallica and Megadeth, all those are still reigning despite being big twenty years ago. So it's particularly interesting in that context.
Hesher is offline   Reply With Quote