Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson
Thread: Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #1028 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrah View Post
ok, i generally for rock music and whatever, but ive recently been getting into some michael jackson, what do you guys think? ignore the whole him being strange thing, and the pedophile thing, and the turning white thing, and lets talk about his music.....bille jean kicks arse!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh. View Post
And Man in the Mirror is one of my favourite songs by him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
The King of Entertainment?
I think that's a little much.
I still remember the first time I heard a Michael Jackson song as a little kid: my brother was listening to "Billie Jean" on the radio and my comment was, "Does that guy have the hiccups? What is all this 'hic hic hicking' that he's doing?!"

My childhood distaste for Michael Jackson's music didn't change. I still don't care for Michael Jackson's music. I listened to "Man in the Mirror" again, to test it out. And there he goes, with his "hic, hic." His music does nothing for me other than make me want to turn it off. This is probably a good example of how strong and different people's musical tastes can be.

I also remember watching "Thriller" when the video first came out. I didn't see what the big deal was. It was just some people dancing around like zombies, embedded in a short B-grade movie. Hadn't people ever gone Trick-or-Treating? Since most people seemed to like Michael Jackson's music, I knew from an early age that I must not be like most people.

One thing I *do* like about Michael Jackson's music, though, is that he made moon-walking really popular, and my cousins and I loved learning how to moonwalk while we were kids. Learning to moonwalk was fun like learning to pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time was fun.

I always wondered: where is his other glove? He seemed very gimmicky to me. I never felt entertained by him, so I definitely don't think of him as the king of entertainment.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote