Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 04:37 PM   #5511 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

^L.A. Confidential is brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog
^ I've heard about that one before, and I've wanted to see it myself for quite a while as I'm quite a fan of film-within-a-film type, erm, films. Also, I'm half-expecting it to be atrocious, but nonetheless I'll probably be going to see the remake when it comes out - looked alright judging by the trailer.
It's not atrocious as it has entertainment value, some okay acting (although Heather Langenkamp is disappointingly wooden here and there) and the story is clever .. But yeah, no rush. There are better horrors out there. I think this one will be most satisfactory if you've seen some or all the other sequels first. It very much feels like a film for the fans!

Finally .. I saw Crazy Heart today. Jeff Bridges plays Bad Blake, a touring old country singer with a long life and not much to show for it. Maggie Gyllenhaal plays a love interest and Colin Farrel briefly appears as Blake's padawan from old whose success far surpasses that of his mentor.

Jeff Bridges got an Oscar for his role in this one and he is absolutely brilliant. I've always been a bit of a fan of Bridges and think his finest moments are in dramas where he brings a lot of warmth and emotion to the characters he play (examples: Fisher King, K-Pax). He does a brilliant job here as well and he's also pretty darn convincing as an old country musician as well. He's got a good voice!

Maggie Gyllenhaal was also perfect for the role. All in all, it was brilliant stuff and I felt quite sentimental when I came out of the cinema. Go watch it