Music Banter - View Single Post - Current Bands we will be talking about in 25yrs
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #146 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieasleep View Post
yeah but the whole 25 years thing is reserved for bands that have had a highly resonating effect on the music industry or their genre as a whole. OR bands that are just medicore enough to really be liked by a LOT of people. the kings of leon don't really fit either of those categories to me, maybe the latter, but I will only group them in there after they release a few more of thier sell out albums. you know what I am saying? maybe in a few years, I will agree with you, but I see this band fading into obscurity with ten years, tops.
I hope they use their last middle of the album to put them on a stage, so they can release the music they know they are capable of. In an interview they said they have a few songs that sound like Only By The Night, but they have some other different ones too. The way they worded it though, it sounded as if they knew OBTN was piss poor and they're going to rectify it.

Back in the day, they were my pocket band, Red Morning Light off Fifa 2003. and then everyone started talking about them.

But I honestly believe they'll be talked about in years to come, mainly because they're all related, and I think they'll carry on making another 5 albums at least. That's 15 or so years of work right there..
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote