Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #928 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by downwardspiral View Post
I'm not sure if I agree with this at all to be honest. Amy Winehouse was undeniably a 'media darling' and it wasn't always just for her drug addiction and self destructive actions, it was indeed for her talent. Her tickets were never over £30 if memory serves me well, this purely goes down to GaGa losing money because of her stage show, nothing more.

She's even admitted that herself and I'm pretty much with Mojo on this that I don't agree with it but I do understand why. People WILL pay it, evidently so as the date is sold out completely.
I don't know why you're disagreeing with me that's pretty much what I said.

I didn't say she SHOULD charge more, I said she COULD charge more and it would still sell out because of the media hype.
I know it's the stage show that's costing the money, I didn't say the media hype is the cause of the prices, i said it would get people to pay more than they normally would if they had to.

We are talking about a massive stage show here, not 5 floppy haired men in street clothes staring at the floor with a black background.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote