Music Banter - View Single Post - Nevermind, let's talk about the same handful of bands that suck ad nauseum
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #122 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
I'm calling them horribel musicians because they're horrible musicians, it's a fact. I'm calling them retards not because they were "associated" with the hippie movement, but because they themselves were hippies.

At the Gates and Carcass both put out far better melodic death metal albums than anything produced by Dark Tranquility or In Flames. I'm assuming you're putting Tool and Mastodon in the "progressive metal" genre, a genre better represented by Demilich. Regarding Lamb of God, I'm not generally fond of groove metal, but Exhorder are superior to them.
Slaughter of the Soul by At the Gates is probably the best album in the genre (just) but thats not to say that both Dark Tranquillity or In Flames are inferior groups music wise. I don`t think Tool or Mastodon sound too much like each other at all, as Mastodon have distinctly southern rock/metal influences and Tool don`t. Demilich are a rather obscure Finnish death metal outfit with good technical abilities more than a progressive one. Amorphis would have been a better comparison if you wanted to use a more Finnish prog metal outfit. Exhorder were early purveyors of the groove sound, but Pantera quickly took their candle and are THE GROOVE METAL band. Lamb of God carry on that tradition in a pretty impressive way, you can also add in Meshuggah here, who play with great grooves albeit in a more complex and experimental manner.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote