Music Banter - View Single Post - Stone Roses - S/T vs. Pixies - Dootlittle
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Would anyone take offense if I change the title of the thread to "Landmark album for British Music vs. Landmark album for North American Music"? That's all what this thread is. I don't think us North Americans quite understand just how much of an impact the Britpop scene had on your music. Sure we got to hear Blur and Oasis go at it for number one but in the end it was just words on paper or images on screens, and I think not being there to experience it is really going to skew your idea of how much of an impact The Stone Roses had in jump starting that scene.

I dunno that's just my interpretation of the whole thing and for me it's going to be Doolittle because well... it's fucking Doolittle! I still remember sitting in my uncles car coming back from like... my 2nd or 3rd day at working in a lumber yard and him putting that album on and just being completely blown away. I had the day off the next day and immediately went out and got that album and enjoyed the hell out of it until I lent it to someone and it got stolen. Pixies have had a far greater impact on my guitar playing as they were one of the first bands I wanted to learn and if I ever get together with a band, regardless of what genre we play, we're doing a cover of "Tame".
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote