Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's Journal Of Half Assed Ideas
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #96 (permalink)
dark shadow
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Oops, I see that Urban had already addressed the death before I did (didn't scroll back before I replied).
But, yeah, as has been pointed out, he does have a reason for having breast implants beyond simply wanting tits.
His reason may sound abnormal but norms are meaningless anyway. I guarantee you that the people that Genesis has surrounded himself with for decades (i.e. New York avant garde artists) will consider the life of Genesis and Lady Jaye to be far more normal than a couple who lives in a house in the suburbs, gets woken up every morning by an alarm clock and drives to a job that they hate - just so they can pay the bills to keep living that way (or in your words, kayleigh: for NO reason). Not to get overly philosophical but that's why I feel that Genesis is not much different than a regular person. It's normal for people to do all kinds of strange things.
sorry to break the topic so much, but that almost sounds ripped from the pages of fight club. not that fight club was anything overly original to start with, and many other philosophical ideas have said similar concepts, its just the most famous iteration of it i know as a male who read it in the teens. as for the concept of breaking down social norms, it does seem very strange to see, but more because a love that strong existed that he would make permanent, and drastic, changes to his body in a time when marriages carry very little weight
dark shadow is offline   Reply With Quote