Music Banter - View Single Post - Miles Davis
Thread: Miles Davis
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 07:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
CosmicPrimitive
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
I had to bump this to tell a funny story.

So, after all the rave about Live-Evil, I had to put it on. I threw it on the record player while I hopped in the shower. I was watching my roommate's kid at the time (he's six), and I left him in the living room with some video games. Moments later, I hear a tap on the bathroom door. As tiny muffled voice says, "Uh, Caaatthy? What's that noise? It sounds funny." I didn't know what he was talking about so he repeated, "That noise is coming from your room. It goes wahhhhhh, waaahh." I poked my head out of the shower to tell him it was Miles and was immediately faced with a terrified look on his face. He didn't leave my side for the rest of the night.
relevant to this, here's Julian Cope on Miles' "Agharta"

"Agartha opens with the soberly-titled "Prelude", a twenty two-minute wa-wa-wa from the bowels of the Mother Earth. Miles opens the ritual with a super groovy now-where-have-I-heard-that-before organ every-riff which sounds as though he's playing the tune of Dr. John's "I Walk on Guilded Splinters" in a Funkadelic's "Music for my Mother" stylee. Then, we're coupled to a long freight train with a cargo bound for the heart of the every-desert.

You wanna know the sound of this Mongol horde nation on the move? It's wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa!!!!!!! "