Music Banter - View Single Post - Sugar's Journey into the Unknown
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #95 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

A few mini-reviews while I'm here. The links are the ones I like the most.
And don't expect to see a lot of the change on last.fm if you follow me. I don't always keep it open, and I listen to a lot of music off of the computer.
And updates.

My music taste has not changed, but has instead expanded to music that I wish I'd found earlier.
It's music I always would have been interested in, I can appreciate good music, but it's music that was introduced to me through other sources, or a good majority of it was.
[Mostly mojopinuk and +81, but I'm not sure if my reviews today will show that]

Carissa's Wierd - Beginner's Comp (Dr. Seussicide) Did I spell that right?
This band probably shares the most similarities with the bands I listened to at first, which might be why I was drawn to them so quickly. But there's something about them, something about the music, that's different. I think it just might have substance, unlike most of the bands I'd loved before.

Imogen Heap - Speak for Yourself (My friend Phil)
This album was given to me for my birthday. Not the physical albums, though, he just transferred the music from one of his accounts to my Zune. So after a couple of days, it left my mind, never to return until Rachel and Sami (my suitemates) played a couple of her songs, reminding me that I owned two of her albums, and during a study session at the library, I chose to listen to some more of her music. Lately, I've been a big fan of her, following her on Twitter and such. The link is the song Headlock, the first one on the album.

The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone? (+81)
+81 sent me a bunch of albums at the end of one of my breaks so that I could have something to listen to on my way back. Of all of the bands, I'd say this one is the one I liked the most. It's definitely not a band I would have listened to on my own. I wanted to tell +81 what I thought of all of the music he suggested, and I listened to each of the albums on the 13-hour ride home. I don't really know what to say about this band or this album other than the fact that it was probably the first step I took towards really expanding my music taste.

That's what I have for now. ;D

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote