Music Banter - View Single Post - Solipsism Syndrome
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #65 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Cardboard, if you think it's a contagious disease and really THAT dangerous of an idealogy, why are you making threads and posting videos about it? You know very well that will invoke everyone's curiousity.

Personally, I struggled with thoughts like these when I was a teenager, I didn't know what the word for it was. I was a kid with nothing to do so I constantly looked for ridiculous things to get worried or obsessed about.

Eventually I came to realize how stupidly egotistical stuff like this is. There is absolutely no way to prove it or disprove it but why would anyone actually be convinced that they are the only thing that exists? Because they're egotistical d*cks, that's why.

Solipsism is the stupidest philopsophy ever, it does not teach you anything, people who run themselves into a circle trying to figure this sh*t out are wasting their lives to try and prove something that can't be proven and even if could, what's the point? What's the point in knowing everything is an illusion if you had no way to escape from it? It would be better for the sake of your sanity to remain oblivious.

I wonder how many people have killed themselves because of this stupid idealogy. I know that all of my experiences feel real to me, so even if everything is my creation, what am I to do? Become distached from the world? Which I already am anyway. Human beings are not capable of looking at anything with true objectivity, even if nothing is real, the important thing is that it seems real. And my life goals should be persued regardless, my goals wouldn't be more relevant if the world was real, actually less so because then I wouldn't be god, I'm just an insignificant speck in the universe. This is why I think solipsism is just a wet dream for egomaniacs, it's a license for douchebaggery.

I mean, if everyone and everything is just a part of you, then wouldn't it be the best idea to NOT dissociate yourself with all that exists? That perhaps learning more about the world would help you learn more about yourself? Unfortunately solipsism is an excuse for lazy dipsh*ts to avoid any sense of social responsablity.

One thing I know for sure is, I'm not a figment of any of you people's imagination, are any of you people a figment of MY imagination? I dunno, what do you think? Why would I waste my time creating people like you whom I can't even interact with in person?

I consider myself creative, but not creative enough to create the entire universe, even if all that exists is only what I have experienced, because there is so many things that boggle my mind and I don't even understand. And of course the idea that I can create things so complex and not even understand them at all is a pretty out there belief. How could I be all knowing and completely ignorant at the same time?

I think it's bullsh*t.

I'm an aspiring writer, I have all these other worlds and characters existing in my head, they're more interesting to me than the real world and real people, so if I was god and was capable of creating such things, why wouldn't I have created worlds and beings like what's in my head instead of this boring, mundane existance full of people who don't realise that this guy they ignore every day is F*CKING GOD CREATOR OF ALL THINGS?

If I created all of this because I was lonely, well then, that was totally in vain because I'm lonely anyway, why would I create all these people and not a single person that I can actually relate with? Why would I create a world without having any real sense of purpose in it?

And perhaps this is a more simplified way of looking at it but if I was god I would like to think I'd have, you know, some way of manipulating the world around me.

I'm picturing in my mind, a bunch of horny naked chicks suddenly appearing in my bedroom. I'll give this some time to take effect.

Nope, nothing has happ... WAIT!!!....... Nope, never mind, nothing happened.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 03-19-2010 at 01:53 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote