Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 12:46 PM   #2402 (permalink)
Revol
Clean Shirt

Location: Yorkshire - Home of the white rose, Emmerdale and the higest teen pregnancy rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
No, no it doesn't!

Yes, yes I can.
Unless of course you count languishing in the lower echelons of football obscurity, success.

Sure it does. I'm sure you've met people who support whichever team but also have another team they like to follow, whether it be Rangers or Celtic, Barca or Real. Gives me something to watch whilst I can't afford to go to matches and League One games are nigh on impossible to watch at home.

Simply put:

City = Entertainment
Leeds = Life

Leeds are the biggest club outside of the Sky 4, we have achieved a lot more than some of the clubs in the prem right now. Maybe our huge fanbase is down to the fact that we're one of the biggest cities in the UK but only have one league team. But still, everyone knows Leeds.

And wow, an actual Manc who supports United, well I never! (Unless you're actually from Salford!) Anyway, I know you miss us really! Don't worry though, it won't be long before the War Of The Roses is once again declared. Until then, I'll have to make do with Rhinos vs. St. Helens.

Last edited by Revol; 03-19-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Revol is offline   Reply With Quote