Music Banter - View Single Post - Solipsism Syndrome
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #67 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I don't think it's closed minded to detest an idealogy that I think only motivates people to be egotistical asswhipes who think they are the only significant being in existance. I kinda see it as being a kind of egotistical fascism. It makes me wonder if most crazy and power hungry people are people who spent way too much time investing in these kinda beliefs, in which case you're right about it being a dangerous idealogy. Though I find it hypocritical that you're calling attention to it anyway.

I also find it pretty hilarious that solipsists actually have forums of discussion with each other, which is like Monty Python's level of absurdity.

I do believe in an ultimate answer, the answer being that there is no ultimate answer and that it doesn't f*cking matter, make your life however you see fit. I very strongly believe in individualism, not because I believe mankind has some greater divine purpose because I don't, but because our world is what we make it. The idea that life has no meaning isn't as scary as people stupidly make it out to be, it only means that we can create our own sense of meaning, and have no rules to abide by but the ones we create for ourselves.

It's mostly the things that people pass off as objective truth which holds society back, ideals regarding morals, knowledge, fate, wealth, beauty, authority, etc.

I hope these rantings don't make me sound like a humanist, I'm nowhere near as optimistic about the human race.

I also might give the impression that I'm an anarchist. I don't really know if I qualify or not. I would love to see a governmentless society, and not because I think it would lead to some peaceful utopian bullcrap (which IMO only a total idiot would believe) but rather if the world looked like a post appocayltic Heavy Metal magazine cover that would be pretty sweet. I don't think anarchy is ever possible though as long as people hold on to certain ideals about religion and social justice, and people always will, to intrude on the rights of these people would be contradictory to what anarchism is about.

The truth is people simply have an internal extinct that tells them to be oppressive to others, it's always been a tool to human survival, it still is.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 03-19-2010 at 02:42 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote