Music Banter - View Single Post - Should musicians be on more than 30k a year
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #87 (permalink)
channel_islands_surf
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Opportunity is about who you know. So, no, some impoverished kid from the projects or the trailer park does not have the same opportunities as someone raised around people with money, power and influence.
Bull****. My family went from lower middle class to upper class, I went to a horrible school district and then to one of the top districts.... there were kids in my old poorer school who went on to Ivy League and schools like USC, UCLA, Florida State, and Ohio State. Who you know? You're telling me they all know people in Harvard? And if they did, they'd be like yeah come on in to some punk kid just because a guy knows someone who works at Harvard? You are crazy.

You work hard in America in high school? You'll be able to get into Harvard, Georgetown, USC, whatever. You screw off in high school and good luck, but ain't no way I should be paying for your sorry ass when you can't afford to live. You had your chance, and you ****ed up. I was never the best student, but I'm 19 years old, not in college, and only have a high school diploma... I work construction and live on my own. I pay my bills, pay for everything, car, gas, cable, electricity, insurance.... no prob. At least I'm not mooching off the gov't and I'm saving this country money.
channel_islands_surf is offline   Reply With Quote