Music Banter - View Single Post - Nevermind, let's talk about the same handful of bands that suck ad nauseum
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #154 (permalink)
TheReverend
Strong and Quite Strong

Location: When you get out on the interstate, take a left after the gas station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
Sigh... narrow-minded attitude coming from an Avenged Sevenfold fan? How can it be!? Do you have any idea the amount of effort and work that is put into each and every track? It takes an incredible amount of technical skill to work those interfaces, and an incredible amount of skill and creativity to work the mic. If all you got is a "chliche" (?) bad attitude trust me you aint gettin far at all. I'd like to see you take the mic and try to MC something, now that would be hillarious.

But there it goes again, that old cliché attitude about hip-hop. Give me a sodding break. Just because something doesn't involve guitars and a drum set it aint valid? requires no skill? is lazy?

Put your money where your mouth is and spit for us. I'll even give you the benefit of it being acapella - so not only do you not have to go through the trouble of designing a beat, you can also ignore things like timing, tempo and verse structure. Do it. Prove us all wrong. If you do i'll spit a track of my own and we'll let MB decide who's king of the mic.

Your right- I should have specified that a lot of it, not all, requires minimum or no musical talent. Im referring to Flo Rida and his type that take even that to a lower level with covers of 80s music. That takes much less talent. And as for the challenge, I dont know what acapello even means so sorry I wont be able to make a fool of myself this time.